Resilient Retreat, Inc.
Groundbreaking & Drive-In Movie Event Rules
By attending Resilient Retreat’s Drive-In Movie Groundbreaking Event at the Resilient Retreat property, you agree to follow the following policies for the safety of all event personnel, other attendees, and for your own safety. Resilient Retreat reserves the right to direct the removal from the event of anyone who does not follow these policies.
· Parking lot opens at 4:30 p.m. and coming attractions begins promptly at 6:45 p.m. Parking lot access will close at 6:30 p.m. so we encourage early arrival.
· All attendees must arrive in an enclosed motor vehicle and must park in a designated space as directed by event personnel. Only passenger vehicles will be admitted. No buses, party buses, limousines, bicycles or foot traffic will be allowed. ADA accessible vehicles are welcomed.
· Once parked, you must remain in your vehicle or in your vehicle’s designated picnic space, unless going to the food trucks or restrooms.
· Each vehicle will park directly in the rectangle that has been provided. Please park on the left side of your rectangle. The right hand side of your rectangle is for your exclusive outside seating. Feel free to bring your beach chairs.
· If you want to park next to a friend, please coordinate your arrival at the park at the same time to have the best chance of parking next to each other.
· Oversized vehicles will be directed to the back rows.
· Please turn off all vehicle lights (Headlights, Running Lights, Automatic Lights etc.) once you have parked in your spot.
· Vehicle Courtesy. Please be courteous to our other patrons. Hatchbacks raised above your vehicle’s roof level is prohibited. You may secure hatch door opening level to, or lower to the vehicle’s height. Additionally, sitting on top of your vehicle’s roof, hood and trunk is prohibited.
EVENT AND PICNIC INFORMATION
· Resilient Retreat’s Drive-In Movie Groundbreaking Event will take place rain or shine. Future updates about the event will be announced on website, Facebook or by email.
· Sound for all movies will be broadcast via FM radio station (call number will be provided onsite). Tune in through your car’s FM radio, or bring a portable radio if you plan to sit outside of your vehicle. You may use your vehicle’s Accessory Mode, the ignition position that allows use of the radio and some electrical accessories when the engine is off. Idling of vehicle engines is prohibited. Closed captioning is provided for all movies.
· You are welcome to bring your own picnic, as well as small chairs if you plan to sit within the designated picnic space outside of your vehicle. Outside food must be brought into the Drive-In inside your car; no external deliveries (such as Uber Eats, pizza delivery, etc.) are allowed. No grilling, cooking, or fires are allowed on premises. Please picnic responsibly and remove any trash or debris and dispose of it in the provided waste area at property.
· No alcohol allowed through the gates. We encourage drivers not to drink and drive.
· Food trucks are available for your enjoyment and will operate within carryout restaurant precautions and safe distancing. We encourage you to take advantage of mobile app ordering (if possible) to save trips back and forth to the food trucks.
· Please adhere to marked lines, spaced 6 feet apart, on the ground when a line forms for access to the trucks. We encourage up to two patrons per car to get food from the trucks to limit the size of line and person to person contact.
· Luxury restroom trailer and hand washing stations available. Social distancing applies and masks are encouraged. You may be asked to wait outside if capacity of the restrooms is reached or if cleaning is underway.
· Hand sanitizing stations will be placed around the food trucks and at the doorway to the restrooms.
· Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals or as necessary.
· Single-use paper towels will be available for hand drying.
· Patrons are encouraged NOT to wait until intermission to use the restroom to help limit lines.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
· All parking spaces have been designed for appropriate social distancing in accordance with state guidelines. If you decide to set up chairs outside your vehicle, please do so only on the passenger side of the vehicle. This will help facilitate appropriate distancing between parties.
· The wearing of face masks is strongly encouraged when outside of your vehicle.
· Please practice social distancing (6 feet of separation) anytime you are away from your vehicle.
· Do not congregate with people who did not arrive in your vehicle.
· Employees and Volunteers will be required to take their temperature before beginning their shift.
· For your safety, Sarasota County Sherrif’s Deputies will be on duty working the event as well as Emergency Medical Service (EMS) personnel, who will be on stand by at the event.
· No smoking or vaping in venue area. Use of drugs is prohibited.
· No pets are allowed, with the exception of ADA Service Animals. ADA Service Animals must be in good health. Service Animals must be on a leash, harness, or other type of restraint at all times. The owner must be in full control of the animal at all times.
BY ATTENDING THIS EVENT YOU VOLUNTARILY UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE, AND ASSUME THE POTENTIAL RISKS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO COVID-19 VIRUS. PLEASE REFERENCE OUR COVID-19 EVENT WAIVER LISTED BELOW.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal, state and local health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Resilient Retreat, Inc. has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Resilient Retreat, Inc. cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in activities or programming at Resilient Retreat’s office and/or property could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By consenting to this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in activities or programming at Resilient Retreat’s office and/or property and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Resilient Retreat’s office and/or property may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Resilient Retreat employees, volunteers, and participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or family members (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my family member may experience or incur in connection with my participation in activities at Resilient Retreat (“Claims”).
On my behalf, and on behalf of my family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Resilient Retreat, Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Resilient Retreat, Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Resilient Retreat, Inc. activity or programming.