Resilient Retreat invites artists to submit artwork for a competition.
Your artwork can help trauma survivors heal.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Resilient Retreat’s Art Competition is open to artists of all ages that wish to donate pieces of hung art focused on resilience, hope, and strength after adversity.
What are the Requirements?
1. Resilient Retreat’s Art Competition includes all hung artwork focused on resilience, hope, and strength (e.g., photography, mixed medium, paint). Entries must be submitted online by September 1, 2022 at resilientretreat.org/artcompetition/
2. There is no entry fee to submit your artwork for consideration.
3. No entries may depict copyrighted images, characters, logos, unless the copyright is owned by the artist.
4. All artwork must be framed or gallery wrapped no less than 1.5 inches. Entries must be wired and ready to hang.
5. It is preferable that artwork fit within the following dimensions:
- 48″ W x 48″ H
- 48″ W x 30-36″ H
- 48″ W x 60″ H
- 36″ W x 48″ H
- 36″ W x 36″ H
- To fit within 9’4″ W x 36″
Other sizes may be submitted, but will not have first preference.
6. Artwork that depicts violence, nudity, or sexual content are not permitted.
7. If your artwork is selected, Resilient Retreat must receive all artwork by October 10, 2022. Artists are responsible for getting the artwork to Resilient Retreat (13010 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34240). Prizes will not be awarded if artwork is not provided according to specifications by October 10, 2022.
Where will the Artwork be Displayed?
Resilient Retreat is a non-profit that provides no cost evidence-based services that address the impact of trauma on the mind, body, and spirit (e.g., art/music therapy, equine therapy, neurofeedback, yoga, experiences in nature, support groups, and much more). Our new Retreat Center is located on 84 acres of conservation land in Sarasota and is scheduled for our grand opening on November 3, 2022.
If selected, your artwork would be displayed in prominent locations throughout the building, including the living room, kitchen, and treatment rooms. Our buildings are inspired by the Danish concept of hygge, reflecting coziness and self-care. To see renderings of our spaces, go to: https://www.resilientretreat.org/the-retreat/
When is the Competition?
Artist Inspiration Day: July 30, 2022 10 am
Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
Winners Announced: October 1, 2022
Artwork Received: October 10, 2022
Artwork Displayed: November 3, 2022
Why Should I Participate?
Artwork from this competition will be used to provide creative spaces for hope and healing for trauma survivors. Your work could inspire and transform lives in our community!
A maximum of 15 pieces will be selected. In addition to having your name and artwork displayed at Resilient Retreat and your artwork publicized, we are also awarding the following prizes:
- $1,000 cash prize (1st place winner)
- 1 Night Stay at the Retreat Center (2nd place winner)
How will the Competition be Judged?
All artwork submitted meeting specifications will be judged by Resilient Retreat’s Art Committee. The Art Committee will be looking for the following criteria:
- Connection to focus on resilience, hope, and strength after adversity
- Meaning and purpose provided in description
- Flow with architecture and design (hygge)
Winning artists will be notified via phone or email on October 1, 2022.
Your entry into this competition constitutes permission for Resilient Retreat to photograph or reproduce any and all works for the purposes of advertising, publicity, and/or archival records, without compensation to the artists.